[Grok-dev] [website] Let's do content!

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Wed Jan 2 22:01:21 EST 2008

Sebastian Ware wrote:

> I think How-To is more descriptive. I also like "recipe", provided
> they are focused on code samples.

I agree, I've changed this back to How-To. I also thought about using
"recipe" but our current content is more How-To oriented.

It's actually possible to have two "How-To" folders in a PHC install, then
we could duplicate the How-To content-type info and rename one to Recipe.
Hmm, we could also do the same with the Reference Manuals folder and have
one named "Book" or "Big Tutorials" or something like that - although this
could cause unexpected upgrade headaches, etc.

Sebastian Ware wrote:

> I would prefer to keep the Grok Tutorial among the other tutorials. I
> think it will be confusing if we mix reference and tutorial style
> content in the reference manual.

Yes, if I put the Grok Tutorial into the Reference Manual folder I'd either
have a custom template for the Grok PHC home page to properly display it as
a tutorial, or perhaps I'll explore the option described above on my dev
site a bit.