[Grok-dev] Re: My feedback on the new Grok website

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Fri Jan 4 11:18:05 EST 2008

4 jan 2008 kl. 15.25 skrev Martijn Faassen:

>> "Grok - a powerful web framework for cavemen or cavewomen"
>
> I need to ponder that. It becomes a bit less catchy. "Cavepeople"
> would do, but is less
> instantly recognizable and therefore also a bit less catchy. Here we
> have an almost poetic challenge. :)

Seeing as "man" by definition means both "adult male" and "people of
either sex", I think it would be misguided to add "cavewomen" in the
name of gender equality.

In Sweden this debate became rather absurd for a while, with feminist
extremists crying foul whenever there is a remote chance that you
could interpret names, titles etc. this way.

If we really want to address the gender equality in our communication
I would like to ask where Grok's twin sister is hiding :)

Mvh Sebastian