[Grok-dev] Re: [grok-br] Grok 1.0 and beyond

Dirceu Pereira Tiegs dirceutiegs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 15:03:03 EST 2008

On Jan 4, 2008 12:24 PM, Luciano Ramalho <luciano at ramalho.org> wrote:
> Philipp's Todo list and my earliest experiments, AnimalTree and Adder,
> show that doing toy apps in Grok is really easy. During the PloneConf,
> Andy McKay told me just that: all he sees are these trivial toy apps
> demoing Grok. How about some exciting stuff? Well, it turns out doing
> anything more exciting is quite hard in Grok, because of the need to
> find, understand, and combine lots of Zope 3 parts.

+1

Some really important stuff that IMHO should be better on Grok:

- Easier authentication / user management;

- *Good* form generation: zope.formlib's is too primitive comparing to
Django admin interface or Archetypes, for example;

- Indexing / Searching: I think this should be easier, perhaps with a
default Catalog with default indexes, something more like Plone's
CatalogTool;

- Automated testing: I know this was already discussed, but I really
don't like to write the same boilerplate code to run my tests on every
grok application.

(And hey, please don't take it wrong. This is not a rant, these are
simply suggestions).

Cheers,
--
Dirceu Pereira Tiegs