[Grok-dev] [website] Improving ReST support

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Fri Jan 4 20:32:18 EST 2008

Uli Fouquet wrote:

> Thanks, Kevin. That did the trick. I put the reference core page into
> the CMS but currently many directives and roles are not handled and
> generate warnings and error messages. Is there a chance to get support
> for this (standard python documentation) tags? Can we help out in some
> way? Or should the reference go back to the standard docutils set of
> tags?

I was digging through docutils docs yesterday, but it was late at night and
I was very tired and I couldn't find a good place where these standard
Python directives are documented or example code that uses them.

If anyone can point me to right places that would be appreciated. I don't
think adding these directives is too difficult. Longer term it would also be
nice to have additional CSS style for elements marked as a "Python Function"
or "Python Module", etc. We are also using Pygments which can do Python
syntax highlighting but I've not yet tried to figure out why/how the Python
code on the site is not syntax highlighted.

I'll keep plunking on these issues, but if anyone wants to help out that
would also be much appreciated :)