[Grok-dev] Re: [grok-br] Grok 1.0 and beyond

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sat Jan 5 12:25:01 EST 2008

Hey,

On Jan 5, 2008 2:45 PM, Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> How about using something like ToscaWidgets or similar? Does anybody
> have any experience with that?

I do. In my experience it isn't really a fit to Zope 3 schema or its
approach to widgets.

I've used it successfully, and it has its advantages, but I  alsohad
serious trouble comprehending the magic that was going on in
ToscaWidgets innards. I won't claim formlib doesn't have
incomprehensible magic in its innards: it does. But at least it's our
magic. I think the most viable widget story to move to would be that
of z3c.form, which is very well engineered. It may be a bit more
verbose than formlib in some areas (no support for object widgets is
my biggest complaint), but the Grok project is into reducing
verbosity.