[Grok-dev] Re: Grok Widgets / Fields (Was Re: Re: [grok-br] Grok 1.0 and beyond)

Fernando Correa Neto fcdoth at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 07:45:52 EST 2008

Hey,

On Jan 8, 2008 4:52 PM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> Fernando Correa Neto wrote:
> [snip]
> > My experience with z3c.form is that is has a lot of
> > functionality....but very componentized :). Creating conventions for
> > forms, subforms, fieldgroups, wizards or even buttons would be a
> > nightmare. But don't let me stop you.
>
> Why would it be a nightmare? Can't we start with just exposing some
> bits, leaving features like, say, wizards until later?

Like I said, don't let me stop you :). What I meant here is that I
played with it a bit and it seems very powerful, but requires some
steps to get those forms going.
Off course one could create the same grok.EditForm using z3c.form as
its basis, but I am afraid that in order to set up the forms, some
more steps would be required and thus making it a "not so grokish" way
to create components.
IMHO, zope.formlib is not bad or limited and nor primitive. Either
django or tg or whatever python web framework "look" at the model in
order to generate forms. Zope3/Grok does the same thing.

Regards,
Fernando

P.S.: The ones considering some Ajax for forms should take a look at
z3c.formjs as well.