[Grok-dev] Re: Grok Widgets / Fields (Was Re: Re: [grok-br] Grok 1.0 and beyond)

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Thu Jan 10 09:31:02 EST 2008

On Jan 10, 2008 10:45 AM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> Then again, zope.formlib is very nice when you do model-driven
> development, ala CRUD.

This is a great match for what I think Grok needs: easy model-driven
development. However, I still have not figured out a good way to embed
auto-generated forms in a master template.

The form generation class in Django produces only the HTML for the
contents of the <form> element, making it easy to embed. In Grok,
auto-generated forms use a template
(src/grok/templates/default_edit_form.pt) which include the entire
HTML, HEAD and BODY, making it hard to embed.

Cheers,

Luciano