[Grok-dev] Re: z3c.widget.tiny, resourceLibrary and automatic load of resources

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Jan 11 03:42:55 EST 2008

Hi there,

Fernando Correa Neto wrote:
[snip]
> You should probably try to include the meta.zcml or whatever zcml that
> is doing the registration in that namespace e.g:
>
> <include package="zc.resourcelibrary" file="meta.zcml" />

One of the issues I'd like to solve at some state is automatic loading
of configure.zcml and meta.zcml when you include a package in your
setup.py dependencies.

As usual with Grok defaults, tt should be possible to turn this behavior
off and do something else. Even with this automation we'll get
complaints from some Zope 3 developers. Still, I think it *should* be
the default as it's what I find myself doing for any Zope 3 package *I*
end up including, and it'd be automating away some more verboseness that
people can forget.

There's been some discussion in the past on doing this stuff with
entry-points in setup.py. Anyway, this needs someone who digs into this
and makes it work. It'll make package reuse that much more easy with Grok.