[Grok-dev] Re: Grok Widgets / Fields (Was Re: Re: [grok-br] Grok 1.0 and beyond)

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Jan 11 19:40:41 EST 2008

Fernando Correa Neto wrote:
[snip]
> IIRC, yes. All edit forms will use that template to render the form.
> If you want to override it so it can be integrated in your skin for
> example, you just need to override the template variable in your edit
> form class. Take a look at grok.EditForm in components and look for
> default_form_template variable and it should enlighten you....a little
> :).

To override it for your edit form is simple enough; just associate a
template for your edit form that does the work itself in its own macro.
No need to dive into the innards of grok.EditForm.

If someone will promise me they'll help improve this (for instance by
writing a nice document about it), I'll send them code samples. :)