[Grok-dev] Re: LoginDemo and PlainLoginDemo

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Jan 16 03:41:47 EST 2008

Luciano Ramalho wrote:
> On Jan 15, 2008 12:29 PM, Sebastian Ware <sebastian at urbantalk.se> wrote:
>> I meant removed from the Grok configuration process. It is till there
>> in your application.
>
> Oh, yes? I didn't know about this... How is the buildout script
> generated these days? If you can point me to a thread or doc, I'll
> appreciate, Sebastian.

Bootstrap hasn't been removed.

What grokproject does for you is set up a new Grok buildout. This will
do the equivalent of what bootstrap.py does for you.

If you check out an existing Grok-based project (or any buildout based
project), you need to run bootstrap.py to initialize the buildout.
Unless of course you install buildout centrally. I have buildout
installed in the 'bin' directory of my home directory.