[Grok-dev] Virtualenv the way to go

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Wed Jan 16 05:20:47 EST 2008

After experiencing some version conflict galore (most probably of my
own making...) and having it so elegantly solved (it would seem
anyway) by virtualenv I would like to suggest that this becomes the
recomended setup for evaluation and development. There is howto here:

   http://plone.grok.quintagroup.com/documentation/how-to/using-virtualenv-for-a-clean-grok-installation

Also, I think one should point out that easy_install can be forced to
use a specific version of python by calling: easy_install-2.4 or
easy_install-2.5. I think my problems started when I did an easy
install of grokproject and it used python 2.5. Suddenly stuff was
spread all over the place and it has taken me a while to realise what
has been going on.

Mvh Sebastian