[Grok-dev] New Grok site: restructured text and HTML

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Fri Jan 18 11:23:22 EST 2008

Hi Tim,

Tim Terlegård wrote:
> On Jan 16, 2008, at 4:39 PM, Uli Fouquet wrote:
>
> > Most of the new documents were written in HTML (with Kupu, I assume).
> > IMHO this is problematic, because we can not easily convert it to
> > Restructured Text which in turn makes it difficult to include your
> > documents in any new grok release documentation.
>
> If documenting should only be done be some core developers,
> rest would be fine. But if we want new people to document as
> well I think we should definitely go with Kupu and HTML. Every
> obstacle leads to less contributions.

Everybody _can_ use Kupu. It is even the default.

We try hard to circumvent the problems, that arise with it, in the
background and without too much noise (this might become the Even
Cavemen Can Use ReST project). As a matter of fact, using HTML means
more work for volunteers and pointing to that should be allowed on this
list.

To summarize: if you love your local Grok Documentation Maintainers, use
ReST. If you do not or if you're in a hurry, use Kupu. Nobody will get
shot (well, most probably ;-), okay?

Everybody _can_ use Kupu. It is even the default.

Kind regards,

--
Uli