[Grok-dev] Re: strange test failures on trunk

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Jan 22 09:56:47 EST 2008

[oops, forgot to post this immediately]

Martijn Faassen wrote:
[snip]
> I do not understand how my Grok differs from their Grok. Perhaps an egg
> got changed without a new version number being released? I will clear my
> egg cache entirely to see whether that will help.

I just reinstalled everything, and now the tests pass. This means one of
two things:

* there is something that grok depends on that does *not* have a pinned
version somehow. I was using an older version which introduced the buggy
behavior, but reinstalling will have downloaded the newer version.

* someone released a newer version of an egg under the same version
number, changing the source code. (evil!) I had the old version, and now
I have the newer version.