[Grok-dev] Re: Web site ready for relaunch?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Jan 23 10:25:23 EST 2008

Kevin Teague wrote:
[snip]
> I've also been thinking it would be quite nice to add TAL docs to the
> Grok doc site. When people new to Zope want to learn TAL I usually tell
> them too Google for "plope tal". Aside from the funny looks I get when I
> say the word "plope" the TAL docs from The Zope Book doesn't always make
> sense in the context of Grok, there are things such as:
>
> "A good rule of thumb is that if you need Python to express your logic,
> you better factor out the code into a script. But Zope is a good tool
> for prototyping and sometimes it would be overkill to write a script for
> one line of code."
>
> or
>
> "A later release of Zope will probably include technologies from and
> inspired by the CMF."
>
> http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition/ZPT.stx

It'd be nice indeed if someone would volunteer to edit this,
restructured-textify it, and put it online. If the license allows, of
course.

There is also a TAL reference floating around which might contain useful
information. This one, I think:

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/AppendixC.stx

(there appears to be a 2_7 edition behind a password :)