[Grok-dev] Re: Martian as an external in the Grok trunk

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 03:21:23 EST 2008

Martijn Faassen wrote:
snip
> I'm not sure whether this strategy can *always* work, but I think we can
> do it most of the time we need to develop a dependency in parallel with
> Grok.

Having the svn:external on a development branch is a very workable
alternative as far as I can see now.

As a result now: a) the release manager has less "special steps" to make
and b) a release can be made at any time, independent of the release
cycle of the dependencies (say in case of a security problem or whatever).

Thanks for thinking further!

regards,
jw