[Grok-dev] error_log?

Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon at rhodesmill.org
Tue Jul 1 09:30:14 EDT 2008

"Peter Bengtsson" <peter at fry-it.com> writes:

> Have I missed something or does Grok not have an error_log?  If so,
> what are my options?

Well, you're right!  I have never noticed that before.  It has nothing
that's quite the equivalent of error_log.  The access_log, for those
newer grok people who might not have found it, is located in:

   ./parts/zopectl/access.log

If you run your app with "./bin/zopectl fg", then errors of course go to
the screen; but if you run it as a daemon with "./bin/zopectl start" and
"stop", then the errors go instead to:

   ./parts/zopectl/z3.log

But, to answer your question, Peter, "z3.log" seems to contain no
information about what URL was being processed when each error was
produced.  Maybe the Zope folks just kind of forgot that an error
message without a URL is not terribly useful? ;-)