[Grok-dev] Re: Grok and Zope2 sprint.

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Mon Jul 7 16:01:58 EDT 2008

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 12:54, Martin Aspeli <optilude at gmx.net> wrote:
>> Godefroid Chapelle wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Just to let you know we will have a short two-days sprint in Belgium on
>>> July 17th and 18th.
>>>
>>> We plan to move on with the integration of grok layers with Zope 2.
>> Awesome!
>>
>> Do you have any concrete plans for what kind of syntax/directives you'd like
>> to support?
>
> Nope. Which ones do you need? :-) I think security might be the most
> tricky one, so security directives that could be a good aim. Views
> should be simple, but is a lot of work...

In order of preference:

  - Views with class + template
  - Template-only views
  - Class-only views
  - Views with publicly accessible attributes (security)

  - Viewlets with class + template, or class-only, or template-only

  - Portlets

  - New permissions (Zope 2 permission + IPermission utility)

  - Security directives on classes

  - Archetypes product setup

Martin