[Grok-dev] Grok on Mallorca ;-)

Achim Domma domma at procoders.net
Thu Jul 10 14:35:19 EDT 2008

Hi,

tomorrow I will fly to Mallorca for one week. Inspired by Martijns
nice Barcamp on Europython 2008 I will take my Mac with me and will
learn a bit more about Grok. Because I will not have access to the
internet, I need grok and the documentation on my laptop.

I just checked out the SVN version and created the html docs. They
look very good - much better than those I found on the net!? But they
are for version 0.14 and if I follow the instructions on the webpage
I will get 0.13 installed. So what do you suggest: Should I try to
get grokproject with 0.14 running or is it possible to get the same
docs for 0.13.

I'm not familiar with buildout and want to have a working version and
matching documentation without too much work. If it does not matter,
I would prefer 0.14 but 0.13 is ok too.

And one more question: In Zope 3 there is a way to start a shell with
starts the complete environment in a way that you can play with your
models from command line. How do I do that using grok?

Achim

PS.: Thanks again to Martijn for the cool Barcamp! :-)