[Grok-dev] Re: megrok.rdb updated

Toni Mueller support at oeko.net
Fri Jul 11 06:24:57 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Fri, 11.07.2008 at 11:59:10 +0200, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> Toni Mueller wrote:
>> I discovered SQLAlchemy before I discovered Grok...
>
> Okay, understood, I'll get you to explain things to me then instead. :)

uhhh...

> Have you used SQLAlchemy with other web frameworks before? If so, how do
> things compare?

No. So far I used SQLAlchemy only "stand alone". But if I knew how to
say

  import mylib
  s = mylib.setup_session_and_all()
  zope.something.tie_this_session_to_a_zope_transaction(s)

that could probably go a long way towards achieving the "support
external schema and logic" use case.

> We need to write up more about how to do forms for grok.zope.org, I think...

In my theory, this should be explained on the web pages concerned with
zope.formlib or z3c.form (no need to replicate on grok.zope.org), but
the - practically important - "edge cases" are the ones that one needs
to dig the source for, as far as I can see.

Kind regards,
--Toni++