[Grok-dev] Re: some problems installing grok (through grokproject)

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Jul 11 11:32:43 EDT 2008

adc wrote:
> just wondered if this is problematic (see below):
> On OS-X python2.44, virtualenv grokproject install
>
> What can i do to remedie svn url type errors?

Does your grok project actually work? (can you start it?)

I've seen those errors as well, but I think they're harmless side
effects of the metadata that is in some of the setup.py files of some of
the packages that Grok needs.

It could be that you try to install at a moment when one of the sites
that contains an egg that Grok needs happens to be down... We are
working on a solution for this that should be in the latest version of
grokproject (we download almost everything required from grok.zope.org
instead).