[Grok-dev] grokproject 0.8 released

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Mon Jul 14 06:03:26 EDT 2008

Hi Philipp,

I tried it and it worked fine. I got a bunch of errors and warnings
but everything got set up just fine in the end anway. Full output
pasted below.
Two things though:

 * What happened to the functional test stub? Tim, Mauritz and myself
added a empty stub that uses z3c.testsetup and Martijn reviewed it
over our shoulder at the Grokkerdam sprint.

* The generated file tests.py uses z3c.testsetup (and of course entry
in setup.py) but this can be replaced by the now grok-builtin
grok.testing
This is easy to fix and I'm willing to help but I wanted to check with
you first.

Peter

On 14/07/2008, Philipp von Weitershausen <philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
> I just released grokproject 0.8. It contains *a lot* of improvements, mostly
> made by Maurits van Rees and Tim Terlegård at the Grokkerdam sprint and
> afterwards. When you look at the changelog, you'll notice that the changes
> for 0.8 alone are longer than for all the versions before it :). So it was
> definitely time for a release, even though we know we have more plans for
> grokproject.
>
>  Highlights among grokproject 0.8 changes include:
>
>  * Support for a combined download of *all* eggs. Grokproject no longer has
> to download ~100 individual packages when you use it for the first time. It
> now just downloads a single tarball.
>
>  * If you haven't done so already yourself, Grokproject will automatically
> configure your ~/.buildout/default.cfg with a central eggs location
> (~/.buildout/eggs).
>
>  * Grokproject is now true wrapper around PasteScript. That means you'll get
> the same experience when you write
>
>   paster create -t grok

Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com