[Grok-dev] Re: layouts, pagelets

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Jul 17 16:03:43 EDT 2008

Hi there,

I just tried to read the rather impenetrable doctests of z3c.template
and z3c.pagelet. Ugh. Doctests are their worst, I'd say.

I'd therefore like to invite Christian Theune to sketch out the basic
approach of z3c.template and z3c.pagelet so we get some context for
Grok.. My hope is to get Brandon and others up to speed on some of this
so we can come up with a good design for integration and start hacking
on it.

I hope this can also be a good test case of how we do important design
for Grok in a non-sprint setting. WE have to try to do more of this to
keep things moving.

See also a wonderfully empty blueprint we already have:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/grok/+spec/pagelets

Specifications can go into the grok wiki.