[Grok-dev] grokcore.view feedback

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 10:56:33 EDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 14:22, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> * move grok.View, grok.Form, grok.EditForm, grok.AddForm into grokcore.view.
> At most it will introduce a new dependency on z3c.flashmessage, but that
> seems reasonably harmless.

>From what I understood, one reason we didn't more the form support
into grokcore.view was that through the form we get a huge set of
dependencies, so we thought that it should probably be it's own
module. I could be wrong.

> Perhaps for
> convenience meta.py in grokcore.view should be split up into something you'd
> like to grok always (in Zope 2 *and* Zope 3) and those bits that only make
> sense in Zope 3 proper (which would remain in meta.py).

Yeah, that's doable. Currently the only thing that should not be
grokked in both Zope2 and Zope3 is the ViewGrokker, so skipping
meta.py completely and subclassing everything seems quite silly. :-)

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64