[Grok-dev] Re: z3c.pt in Grok

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Jul 28 10:52:13 EDT 2008

Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> Martijn Faassen schrieb:
>> I'd love people to try out our template pluggability a bit more. I'm
>> sure it's imperfect, as nobody is using it for real purposes yet as
>> far as I'm aware, and the only way to get it ready is to try to make
>> it support z3c.pt, and Jinja, and do a real world project with Genshi,
>> etc.
>
> Template pluggability works fine for me - i'm using
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/d2m.rendersource which renders restructured
> text formatted templates to standalone HTML pages.

That's a good data point, thanks!

I'm especially curious about cases where a template uses another using
some kind of inclusion scenario. ZPT expects inclusion (for instance of
macros) to happen by view lookup. I think many other template languages
include bits from another template on the filesystem. This might bump
into Grok complaining when it finds a template without an associate view.

I'm not sure your .rst templates can refer to external templates. If so,
it'd be interesting to find out whether that works.