[Grok-dev] testing megrok.trails

Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon at rhodesmill.org
Wed Jun 4 00:48:19 EDT 2008

Being at a conference has inspired me to dust of megrok.trails and see
if I can do an alpha release to at least get people trying out the
thing.  Following our recent discussions here, I'm convinced that it's a
better fit for us that something like routes, since routes and other
similar URL writers would want to take away from Grok the selection of
which View is placed atop the model.

So I just checked it out, then built it out, and upon running "bin/test"
am seeing the error:

   Module: megrok.trails.ftests.test_trails_functional

   Traceback (most recent call last):
     File
     "/home/brandon/src/megrok.trails/src/megrok/trails/__init__.py",
     line 15, in ?
         from megrok.trails.components import TrailHead, Trail
           File
     "/home/brandon/src/megrok.trails/src/megrok/trails/components.py",
     line 17, in ?
         import grok
           File
     "/home/brandon/src/megrok.trails/eggs/tmp7ScxgA/grok-0.12.1-py2.4.egg/grok/__init__.py",
     line 33, in ?
       File
     "/home/brandon/src/megrok.trails/eggs/tmp7ScxgA/grok-0.12.1-py2.4.egg/grok/components.py",
     line 56, in ?
       File
     "/home/brandon/src/megrok.trails/eggs/tmp7ScxgA/grok-0.12.1-py2.4.egg/grok/util.py",
     line 28, in ?
     ImportError: cannot import name class_annotation

This feels familiar, like I've seen this error before, but I can't
remember where!  Has anyone on the list seen this before?