[Grok-dev] Re: Grok 0.12.1 released, Was: Grok 0.12 released!

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Fri Jun 6 05:29:57 EDT 2008

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman, on 2008-06-06:
> There's one, uhm, no two remarks I'd like to make:
>
> First, the tarball is created from the 0.12 *branch*. I guess from now
> on we should run bundlemaker from release *tags* and use the
> versions.cfg from that particular release tag, right?

No, because the versions.cfg in the tag does not actually contain
'grok = 0.12.1'.  The tag (and any branch and trunk) use a development
egg of grok from the src/ directory.  And that is probably how it
should stay.

If you change the bundlemaker section in buildout.cfg on the tag to
read:

  [bundlemaker]
  recipe = z3c.recipe.eggbasket:creator
  egg = grok
  versionfile = versions.cfg

and then run bin/buildout and bin/bundlemaker it will say:

  ERROR eggbasket.utils The main egg (grok) has not been pinned in the
  version file (versions.cfg).

We could perhaps change the versions.cfg on the tag (or maybe branches
and trunk as well) to contain a pinned grok version.  For bundlemaker
that would be good.  It looks like the other recipes do not actually
do anything with that particular pinning; at least the files in bin/
do not contain a reference to the grok 0.12.1 egg but only to src.

It sounds a bit fishy though.  And on trunk (the future 0.13) it is a
bit strange to pin grok to the not yet existing 0.13 egg or to the
0.12.1 egg.

> Which leads me to my second point: the generic notes on how to do
> releases [1] should get an addendum with specific notes for Grok
> releases. The bundlemaker and uploads steps should be inlcuded in this
> addendum. I'll see what I can do about that.

Great!

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/