[Grok-dev] Re: five.grok

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha at bubblenet.be
Mon Jun 9 04:31:49 EDT 2008

Brandon Craig Rhodes wrote:
> My New Orleans Plone Symposium presentation about the Zope 3 component
> architecture on Thursday morning seems to have gone well, despite the
> very deep hangovers from which a number of famous Plone figures were
> suffering.
>
> At the end of my presentation, I revealed to the Plone folks that, some
> day, they will be able to write wonderful Grok-like code right in their
> Plone sites, thanks to five.grok - but I did not have a tutorial or web
> site that I could point them to except for Lennart Regbebro's blog.
>
> I think that if five.grok could get a web presence (maybe using a wiki
> and bug tracker on Launchpad?), lots of them might be interested in
> going ahead and taking a look at it.  Is there a site up at the moment
> that I missed and that I ought to have pointed them at?

Laurent Mignon and I are using grokcore.component with Plone in the
Tabellio project.
I plan to take some time to write how we are doing it.

Further, there is an informal plan to sprint at BubbleNet offices
(Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium) on July 16th and 17th (Wed and Thu) to move
on five.grok, specifically to work on view grokkers for Zope2.

This still needs to be confirmed.
--
Godefroid Chapelle (aka __gotcha) http://bubblenet.be