[Grok-dev] Re: Grok-dev Digest, Vol 21, Issue 14

Noah Gift noah.gift at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 12:53:41 EDT 2008

> Wrapping those services in a platform-independent way would be a
> valuable contribution to Python.

I have done a bit of work with Pyinotify and launchd respectively on
Linux and OS X.  I have a non-web project I am working on that
re-implements locate using sqlalchemy and then gives a python API to
the file system for offline operations.  If Peter wants to abstract
his work out, I would be willing to help.

I also wrote some threaded code that I can share that creates a simple
event loop that looks at the contents of two directories and performs
an action if the directories contain changed files.  This is pretty
simple actually.  The file system API is much tricker.