[Grok-dev] Re: more changes in martian, grokcore.component

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Jun 11 04:25:43 EDT 2008

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Godefroid Chapelle wrote:
>>>
>>> I am currently trying if specifying martian==0.9.7 as dependency in
>>> buildout can be used as a workaround.
>>>
>> Confirmed ! This is the right workaround.
>
> Typically the right "workaround" is to use a versions section in buildout:
>
> [buildout]
> versions = versions
>
> [versions]
> martian = 0.9.7
>
> Requiring the user to specify a version of a dependency (martian) of
> another dependency (grokcore.component) in buildout sucks. Unfortunately
> it's the best compromise we have right now.

It would also help if we had a new grokcore.component release (you
released a new martian but not a new grokcore.component). Because then
you could also simply depend on grokcore.component (w/o any version
pinning) and you'd get the newest releases of both which should work
together. With a new martian and an old grokcore.component out, this
doesn't work.

If you like, I can make a new grokcore.component release tonight. Also,
what about Grok? Do you need help with updating that to the new syntax?