[Grok-dev] Re: publishing the sphinx driven documentation

Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon at rhodesmill.org
Fri Jun 13 09:28:20 EDT 2008

Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> writes:

> python.org's pattern is like this:
>
> http://grok.zope.org/doc/             (current version)
> http://grok.zope.org/doc/versions
> http://grok.zope.org/doc/0.13
>
> Now if this pattern is harder to follow, we can still do what you
> suggest, but renaming 'docs' to 'doc' I think is a good idea.

+1 on renaming to "doc"!

I'll let the site admins judge whether having the current docs at "/doc"
or at "/doc/current" is more feasible; I had been thinking the latter
would be easier because otherwise "/doc/*x*" becomes a dual namespace,
where the "x" might either be selecting something from the current
documentation, or might be selecting an entire sub-instance of the
documentation altogether.  But maybe that's easy to do these days and I
just don't know it? :-)