[Grok-dev] Re: Grokstar

Graham Stratton gns24 at mythic-beasts.com
Fri Jun 13 23:01:48 EDT 2008

On 13 Jun 2008, at 01:09, Robert Marianski wrote:
>> Graham Stratton wrote:
>>> It's still missing a lot of features, I've cut some of the
>>> original ideas,
>>> and the code contains a lot of cruft, but it is now usable. An
>>> instance is
>>> running at http://grahamstratton.org/straightornamental/
>>>
>>> The code is available at http://trac.assembla.com/grokstar/browser/trunk
>>>
> This looks great! I also recently added searching and categories to
> the
> Grokstar in svn.zope.org which you might want to check out.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for that, they're very useful changes. In the best spirit of
Open Source, I've copied your changes into my code and hacked them
around a bit (mainly to make them work better as viewlets). I've
checked the changes into the repository above and the new code is
running my blog.

Earlier I attempted moving my changes into the svn.zope.org trunk, but
I've changed nearly everything (the change to viewlets was a big one).
Therefore I'd like to move any features I'm still missing into my
project and commit the whole thing as a single change into
svn.zope.org if there are no objections. What do people think?

Regards,

Graham