[Grok-dev] Viewlets and update/render

Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon at rhodesmill.org
Sun Jun 15 07:28:32 EDT 2008

Graham Stratton <gns24 at mythic-beasts.com> writes:

> I'm currently working around this by calling a redirect after each
> form update, but I expect this isn't good practice.

I always redirect after a POST (if that's what you're talking about)
because then the user can reload the subsequent page as much as they
want without any awkward messages about having to re-enact whatever
action they just took just to get the page reloaded.  I therefore
consider reloading after a form submission to be actually necessary; is
it a bad practice for reasons I've not run into yet?