[Grok-dev] Re: Performance of OrderedContainer

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Jun 20 10:23:50 EDT 2008

Hi there,

License discussions are all very nice, but I am more worried about
actually getting people to write any code to make Grok use this version
of OrderedContainer.

As of now, we have two options:

* release grok.OrderedContainer as is with Grok 0.13

* if we actually get a volunteer who promises to write the new code,
make a new grok.OrderedContainer based on plone code or zc.blist or
both, and so on. We can remove grok.OrderedContainer for now so we can
release 0.13 so we don't introduce upgrade problems.

Without a volunteer who promises to do the actual work, I suggest we
simply go with what we have now.