[Grok-dev] releasing grokproject

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Jun 23 13:54:47 EDT 2008

Hi there,

We initially wanted to release a new version of bundle-enabled
all-singing-all-dancing grokproject with the Grok 0.13 release (to be
released hopefully later today), but I ran into two issues, one small
and one big:

The big one: grokproject-generated bootstrap fails with error:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/grok/+bug/242368

And a smaller one: download.zope.org still in find-links. I believe this
was added because otherwise it wouldn't work with 0.12, but we should
remove this for the new grokproject:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/grok/+bug/242429

There's also another issue I'd like to start discussion on: pinning down
versions for grokproject, and pinning down versions for our buildout
recipes. We do our best a lot to make sure we don't have our toolchain
break because someone makes a release that breaks it, but grokproject
and buildout are still a vulnerable spot right now. What can we do about
it? What are the consequences?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/grok/+bug/242370

(but we may need discussion here)

I've been so bold to assign all these issues to Maurits, but he can of
course take a pass on them. :)