[Grok-dev] Re: inaccurate documentation in grok book

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Jun 24 16:46:06 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Brandon Craig Rhodes wrote:
[snip]
> Is the "missing link" in this case (hah! a caveman reference! I didn't
> catch that for a second) that we don't even have Sphinx set up and
> working, or is the problem only that it doesn't have a way to push the
> documents it generates up to the Plone instance that runs grok.zope.org?

I don't know the details, but the docgrok tool should create sphinx
documentation. There's been some talk about a special Plone plugin of
which I forget the name now to integrate it all into Plone, and then
progress ended.

I think we should do whatever works, as long as we can write simple
instructions for releasers. Of course the layout should look at least
somewhat integrated with the rest of the Grok website, and there should
be links from the Plone stuff to the sphinx site and back. The current
content that will move to sphinx (main tutorial, developer notes) should
  be removed from Plone and somehow redirect to the new locations.

I doubt any of this is much work, it's just that it's not happening.
Someone needs to take the lead on this. I've been loath to do so, but
the amount of work I've been doing so far to try to get someone else to
do the work is becoming so much I am tempted to do so myself. I will
resist the temptation for a while longer, though, as I really want to
spread the work around. This is good for the community, and it allows me
to be lazier to boot. :)