[Grok-dev] Template directories

Tim Terlegård tim.terlegard at valentinewebsystems.se
Wed Jun 25 06:34:08 EDT 2008

I wonder what people think about the current directory layout for
templates.
What about adding a global template directory?

First idea:
   templates/master.pt
   app_templates/index.pt
   app_templates/...

Second idea:
   templates/app/index.pt
   templates/app/...
   templates/master.pt

A global template directory is useful when you have for instance a
master.pt
that is referred to from any module. For small applications it might
also be
overkill with a bunch of <module>_templates directories with one or two
templates in each. It would be nice if I could put my templates in a
global
template directory if I want to.

When a template is looked up caused by a grok.template() directive,
it could first look inside <module>_templates if it exists, if it's
not there
it could check the global templates directory.

Any thoughts on this?

/Tim