[Grok-dev] Re: Defining 3rd-party eggs within a grok buildout?

Toni Mueller support at oeko.net
Wed Jun 25 17:07:36 EDT 2008

Hi,

thanks for your answer!

On Wed, 25.06.2008 at 22:59:03 +0200, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> The drawback of hardcoding version numbers in setup.py is that it
> becomes harder to combine packages which may have different
> requirements, and that it becomes harder to just change to a bugfix
> release, etc.

Nailing down the versions of packages is the only way I can see to
reliably exclude beta code from a product. I'd like to be able, at some
point, to distribute an app with eg. a buildout.cfg and a setup.py in a
way that I am sure that the receiver of the package will get an
_identical_ piece of code, not some other versions that I didn't
test with...

Kind regards,
--Toni++