[Grok-dev] publishing the sphinx driven documentation

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Thu Jun 26 00:31:43 EDT 2008

I've started to do some work on the Sphinx docs (yay!) and will help
to look after this project so that it can be ready for 0.14.

The only URL that we didn't account for in the previous discussion was
for the latest, current development version. I've just put the Apache
rewrite rule in place, and made a /doc/dev/ URL to point to the latest
doc build from trunk (so that folks too lazy to go a grok trunk
checkout, run ./bin/grokdocs2html and open a file in build/html/ can
preview the current OGD build):

http://grok.zope.org/doc/dev/

I'm not sure how widely we want to link to this yet. If we are
updating /doc/current and /doc/0.14 for a new release, it's possible
the /doc/dev/ gets neglected and occaissionaly points to an dev build.
I guess setting up a nightly cron-job to refresh this build from trunk
isn't too hard though ...

(Note that I've only just started to tidy up the CSS - there are still
lots of funky looking bits and odd colours, so I'm going to keep
tweaking this.)

(I'll put together notes on the Official Grok Docs (OGD) update
process. I noticed that the "Releasing Grok" notes are in the
Community docs section, can I move this to /project/ since that
section is intended to be for information about how the running of
Grok project?)