[Grok-dev] Re: Defining 3rd-party eggs within a grok buildout?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Jun 26 07:32:55 EDT 2008

Sebastian Ware wrote:
> Would I add
>
>   [buildout]
>   extends= http://grok.zope.org/releaseinfo/grok-0.12.1.cfg
>
> to my xxx.cfg file or would I manually copy the items in grok-0.12.1.cfg
> to my xxx.cfg?
>
> I am guessing I can't have two extends directives?

I think (but haven't tested) that you can have your own versions.cfg
file which has an extends that extends the Grok versions URL.

  buildout.cfg

  myversions.cfg

grok-0.12.1.cfg

Note that those URLs don't have to be on the web; you can simply extend
a file in your buildout directory. In fact grokproject is going to
install the downloaded grok file for you in your buildout directory once
the new version is released - this to enable grokproject to work better
in offline situations.

Note that the simplest setup for your own application doesn't involve
its own myversions.cfg, but simply this:

buildout.cfg (with extra versions specified for app-specific dependencies)

grok-0.12.1.cfg