[Grok-dev] trying to inherit grok.template

Kevin Smith kevin at mcweekly.com
Thu Jun 26 13:18:36 EDT 2008

Until there is a real solution, here is an ugly workaround...

class MyView(grok.View):
   grok.template(mytemplate)
   def render(self):
       pass
# render needs to be defined, but if a template exists it will be called
first

I haven't had time to propose a real solution. You can look at __call__
to see why this works.

HTH,

Kevin Smith