[Grok-dev] Re: publishing the sphinx driven documentation

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Fri Jun 27 01:53:02 EDT 2008

> Cool, that looks pretty good already! One thing I'm missing in the
> tutorial though are the sidebars. CSS issue?

Yeah, the CSS file is fairly verbose (863 lines!) and there was a
naming conflict with the navigation also being called sidebar. I've
fixed it, but only tested it in FireFox 3 for now - I'm going to poke
at the CSS some more before worry about cross-browser compat.

So, I was trying to make the Sidebar "float" properly on the side, but
the <pre> tag was giving me trouble, and width issues are fiddly.
However, if we treat the Tutorial "sidebars" to semantically mean
"call out" or "tip", then we don't have to float the sidebar, and I
think it looks a lot nicer.

I also grabbed the "club" portion of the logo and used it to draw
attention to the sidebar. It's a good lookin' logo but if anyone
wanted to do some custom art, I bet a stone tablet w/ cave paintings
or writtings on it might look better :)

I've put in a 'current' symlink to point to /dev version, so that we
can also start using the cannonical URL:

http://grok.zope.org/doc/current/tutorial.html