[Grok-dev] towards a release

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Mar 7 10:46:52 EST 2008

Hi there,

We want to do a release soon, I think. We have two choices:

* release the trunk as 0.12

* release the trunk as 1.0

What would people prefer, and why?

I'm a bit more likely to go for 0.12 right now. Two reasons:

* we haven't moved to the proper versions of Zope 3.4 eggs yet, my one
1.0 requirement.

*  I think a "1.0" release is a great way to catch a lot of attention.
We'll be announcing the 1.0 plans to the public, then we have a beta,
excitement mounts, etc. I'm not sure we're quite ready to do the proper
buildup.

Given all that, I prefer pushing out a 0.12 soon, then move on to work
on the version issue. Unless a volunteer steps up and fixes all the egg
versions to KGS-based ones very soon.