[Grok-dev] Documentation process proposal

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Tue Mar 11 18:51:32 EDT 2008

Sebastian Ware wrote:

> I have a question regarding stating the author
>
>    :Author: ME GROK
>
> is this the way it is supposed to be done in Plone? In the content
> meta data you can set "Creators". Currently though, "Creators" don't
> seem to be rendered on the public views.

In Plone there is "Creator" and "Contributor" fields.

 * Creator: Persons responsible for creating the content of this item.

 * Contributor: The names of people that have contributed to this item.

Which is roughly analogous to Creator = Author, Contributor = Editor. (an
example of a doc which credits many contributors:
http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/testing)

Except these aren't being displayed on the Grok site ATM. I removed the
author box since it looked gangly in the current theme. I'll fix this and
re-enable the display of this information soon.

As for the "admin" role account, well, role accounts are evil. :( We have
proper permissions set-up on the site now, so use of the "admin" account
should no longer be necessary.