[Grok-dev] Re: STORM howto

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Mar 13 14:22:59 EDT 2008

Hey,

Sebastian Ware wrote:
[snip]
> -Regarding the installation instructions. Doesn't one have to change
> directory to stormcontainer prior to calling setup.py:
>
>   After checkout we have to install the package stormcontainer to our
>   python's site-packages directory. This works with the command:
>
>   python2.4 setup.py develop

A quick comment: this looks like a rather non-standard way (for Grok!)
to install things. If you want to use stormcontainer in your own
project, a better way would be to add 'stormcontainer' to your setup.py
and then re-run buildout. The advantage to adding it to setup.py is that
you get it each time you install the application it depends on it.