[Grok-dev] Re: STORM howto

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Mar 13 18:21:19 EDT 2008

Sebastian Ware wrote:
> The stormcontainer component isn't available as an egg.

It isn't available as a tarball egg but it certainly is available as a
develop egg. Eggs don't have to come as .egg or .tar.gz files. In fact,
'egg' is a bit of an abstract thing. It's really just a directory (or
zip file) that's on sys.path and has an EGG-INFO.

> Can I do this anyway? The project looks like this:
>
>   svn checkout http://stormcontainer.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ stormcontainer

You do a checkout like that in your buildout directory and then tell
zc.buildout to call stormcontainer/setup.py develop by adding the
'stormcontainer' directory to the develop line like so:

   [buildout]
   develop = . stormcontainer