[Grok-dev] Re: is configure.zcml never tested?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Mar 19 15:18:57 EDT 2008

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> [snip]
>> Typically we use functional tests to assert any kind of ZCML
>> configuration. In the case of grokcore.component, this would probably
>> be overkill.
>
> I actually believe there's no need for a configure.zcml at all for
> grokcore.component

Well, what about grokking the grokkers? I think configure.zcml is
justified, though it would be very short:

   <grok package=".meta" />

> (only a meta.zcml), so testing it would definitely be
> severe overkill. :)

Regarding meta.zcml, I still hold the opinion that the <grok /> ZCML
directive should be moved out to a separate package (my suggestion was
to call it grokcore.config) because it's both orthogonal and necessary
for every other grokcore.* package. I'm offering to do this.