[Grok-dev] Re: is configure.zcml never tested?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Mar 19 15:32:22 EDT 2008

On 19 Mar 2008, at 20:27 , Brandon Craig Rhodes wrote:

>> Go ahead if you like!
>
> I'm still very new when staring at ZCML, so I don't quite understand
> whether grokcore.config would have a "configure.zcml", a "meta.zcml",
> or both. :-)

All that grokcore.config would have are 'zcml.py' and 'meta.zcml' from
grokcore.component. In meta.zcml you register new directives. In this
case, it configures the <grok /> directive.

grokcore.component wouldn't need a meta.zcml because it doesn't
register a new directive. For backward compatibility reasons, the
'grok' package would have a meta.zcml, but it would refer to
grokcore.config's one: <include package="grokcore.config"
file="meta.zcml" />