[Grok-dev] Re: Grok on Python 2.5?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Mar 20 07:15:53 EDT 2008

Tim Terlegård wrote:
> On Mar 20, 2008, at 1:07 AM, Brandon Craig Rhodes wrote:
[snip]
> I don't know if zope3 is regularly tested with python 2.5. As far as I
> know grok
> doesn't have any automatically run tests. This would probably be a good
> idea.
> And if the tests pass for 2.5 I think we can support it officially, IMHO.

Last year there was a GSoC project to port Zope 3 to Python 2.5, and I
think overall this was successful. I don't know which versions of which
packages (or SVN trunks or whatnot) apply, though. We should ask Nikhil
N, he did the work and he should be able to give us a status overview.

I think the trick would be to use KGS's test running system to run the
tests with Python 2.5, and see whether they pass. If the tests of all
our dependent packages do pass, Grok should be in good shape.

I agree by the way we should make the move to python 2.5 sooner rather
than later.

Regard,