[Grok-dev] sprint mini-report 2

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu May 1 17:24:40 EDT 2008

Hi there,

A short report on the projects I can remember off the top of my head
that were worked on today:

* megrok.kss got updated, polished, extended, documented more, and
released. More ideas are floating around to make it even better.

* megrok.rdb: we had a thorough decision on design of a RDB-backed
Container implementation. We started sketching out 'science fiction'
code for its implementation and started preparing the ground for its
real implementation.

* A spin-off discussion from the megrok.rdb discussion resulted in our
inventing a grok.traversable directive and we now have a team that works
on its implementation.

* a team worked on finalizing and merging Uli's Sphinx-based grokdocs
work into the trunk. More work was done to improve our svn-managed
documentation itself.

* grokcore.component was released and the trunk now uses it!

* a team has been looking into zc.sourcerelease to help Grok's
implementation story. They also started working on improvements to
grokproject.

* the 'url' method has now been improved to also take an optional 'data'
argument to generate URL pameters.

* a grok.OrderedContainer component was added.

* grok.require can now refer to Permissions directly (on a branch),
instead of only on a name basis.

* the documentation team offered several comments for improvements of
the website experience and started wiki gardening.