[Grok-dev] Re: SVN: grok/trunk/src/grok/components.py refactor dirty traversal hack

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue May 6 07:15:30 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Jasper Spaans wrote:
[snip]
> did anyone volunteer for pushing/driving megrok.rdb? (as it seems to be
> missing in the sprint wrapup -- which could be because it's not part of
> the ``core'' of grok)

No, please do feel free to drive this forward. I think everybody who
participated in this work at the sprint has a big interest in pushing
this forward, but if you can coordinate matters and push things forward
that'd be great!

Note that zope.sqlalchemy has now been developed, and even (quicky &
dirty, too dirty in my opinion) released to PyPI. See discussions on
zope-dev about this.

I think the first priority should be integrating this bit of software
instead of collective.lead, and then trying to move to a test-driven
mode of development for this as soon as possible, before trying to add
new features (or polish existing ones). We need to figure out *how* to
use this in tests too.